Gorrill Palmer is seeking a talented and career minded individual to serve as Project Manager leading a Bridge Team at our corporate office located in South Portland, Maine. We are seeking an individual that has an interest in initially managing bridge projects but also has a desire to potentially become our Bridge Group leader for this new service line. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to establish a bridge program client base and assist in the selection of support staff for the bridge group. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in the New England area.
Applicant must be knowledgeable in the principles and practices of structural design of bridges. The primary focus of the knowledge shall be with the latest design and industry standards for roadway, pedestrian, railroad bridges and related structures. Applicants for this senior level position should bring established client relationships and experience working on and managing bridge projects for clients such as Maine Department of Transportation, Maine Turnpike Authority, municipalities, other state DOT’s and/or railroads.
Applicant should bring knowledge and experience with bridge design and detailing of steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete bridges and other structures. Applicant will need to be able to develop alternatives analyses, preliminary design reports, contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates in conformity with accepted engineering standards and procedures including AASHTO & MaineDOT. The applicant will be expected to manage projects from proposal phase, through bidding and construction, including providing technical guidance, budget/schedule control and quality control oversight.
As an essential member of the Transportation Engineering Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects, budgets, and design staff. Leading the design and development of bridge plans, specifications and estimates as well as managing and directing staff on assignments, working with clients, attending meetings and performing marketing efforts related to their Team, our Group and the Firm.
The following are required:
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Knowledge and experience with bridge design for clients such as Maine Department of Transportation, Maine Turnpike Authority or related others
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prior project management experience with established clients
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Structural Engineering/Bridge Design
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in project management
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering (with structures emphasis)
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• Familiarity with structural engineering software (AASHTOWare, LARSA 4D, MDX, SP Column, MerlinDASH, Mathcad)
• Bridge experience with Maine Department of Transportation, Maine Turnpike Authority or related others
• MicroStation and AutoCAD experience
Please forward your resume via mail or e-mail to:
Gorrill Palmer, 707 Sable Oaks Drive, Suite 30 South Portland, Maine 04106
Gorrill Palmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer